Tuesday 9 October 2012

8 Week Half Term of DOOOOOOM!!!

I feel like I've hit a bit of a wall this week.

I woke up on Monday morning and felt exhausted before I'd even lifted my head off the pillow. All I kept thinking was 'THERE'S THREE MORE WEEKS...' Normally, we'd be breaking up this Friday, or even next Friday, but instead it's 3 weeks away still.

From a practical point of view, I've been trying to elongate the current schemes of work to fit from a 'five weeks plus assessment' format, into a 'seven weeks plus assessment' one. I'm failing miserably at that. I've given in and I'm starting assessments with all of my classes. The up side is that I might not have loads of marking to do over half term, as a result.

I'm just tired. We all are. The Summer was only 5/6 weeks ago but it feels like forever ago. The kids are tired, we're all tired, and I'm being a proper grump. The weather isn't helping either - this rain is dragging everyone down and the kids are behaving like they've never seen precipitation before.

Better still, I'm being observed on Thursday, when we also have Open Evening too.

On the plus side, I was told today that in the half term leading up to Easter, it's only a five week half term, which is awesome. In April, we MUST remember how hard we worked now.

Basically, I know I'm whinging a lot here but it's more of 'we're all in the same boat' type thing, with a tiny bit of whinging thrown in for good measure.

May the next two and a half weeks go quickly and may we not all go insane in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment